Un sarcofago romano del III sec. d.C. riutilizzato per la sepoltura di Lucca Palizzi

Risultato della ricerca: Chapter

Abstract

The sarcophagus that holds the bones of Lucca Palizzi,wife of Giovanni Chiaromonte the Elder, is located into the church of Santa Maria della Catena, built between the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th century near the ancient port of Cala, in Palermo. The sarcophagus is placed along the left wall of the choir, on a modern base; the sources historians say that the original site was the church of S. Nicolò alla Kalsa, where Chiaromonte himself, starting from 1306, built the Chapel of the SS. Crucifix as a family mausoleum.
Lingua originaleItalian
Titolo della pubblicazione ospiteChiaromonte. Lusso, politica, guerra e devozione nella Sicilia del Trecento. Un restauro verso il futuro.
Pagine229-235
Numero di pagine7
Stato di pubblicazionePublished - 2020

Serie di pubblicazioni

NomeARTES

Cita questo