The ancient bell tower, with five orders and termination crowned, was on the left side of the old main façade. In 1574, due to several collap- ses, the administrators of the Church decided to use of the technical advice of three professionals: Padoano Schiero, Padoano Baxi and Gabriele Meschinello were called to express about the state of the tower. Three reports were produced in which it expressed the need to demolish the tower in order to avoid any danger to the church and people. Therefore, the bell tower was partially demolished, it was so disfigured for a long time, until 1658 when the current tower was built on the ancient model.
|Numero di pagine||5|
|Rivista||LEXICON. STORIE E ARCHITETTURA IN SICILIA|
|Stato di pubblicazione||Published - 2016|