As resulting from the notary Calogero D’Anna’s records, the establishment of the ‘guild’ of masons and carvers from Cefalù dates back to 11 February 1631, the date on which the Chapters of the Santi Quattro Coronati brotherhood were written.In the same period, in other Sicilian cities, previous statutes written from the end of the fifteenth century were renewed; although the Chapters of Cefalù seem anachronistic and denounce their derivation from the latter, an analysis of them clarifies the organization of construction work in the city, which experienced major activity throughout the first half of the seventeenth century.
|Numero di pagine||7|
|Rivista||LEXICON. STORIE E ARCHITETTURA IN SICILIA|
|Stato di pubblicazione||Published - 2016|