Designed by Giuseppe Mariani, the villa Aragona was built in the second decade of the eighteenth century for Luigi Naselli, Prince of Aragona,. Through an original archival research the monograph reconstructs the steps of its construction, the transformations, the important change of ownership to Filangeri di Cutò in 1803, the interiors renovation occurring in the mid-nineteenth century and in early twentieth century, the connections with the wider construction history of Bagheria villas. The study stops in the years following the First World War, when the villa get out from its aristocratic ownership, having being sold to the rising bourgeoisie by the writer Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa.
|Numero di pagine||160|
|Stato di pubblicazione||Published - 1995|