Materials used for dental impressions are usually safe. This study describes a case offatal anaphylaxis that appeared immediately after the oral mucosa came into contactwith an alginate paste used for dental impressions. The cadaveric examination andthe poslmortem toxicology report confirmed that the cause of death was anaphylacticshock. The patient was affected by both cardiovascular and lung dlseases thatworsened the condition and forbade the use of epinephrine. To the authors'knowledge, dental impression materials, and alginate in particular, have not been reported previously as being a cause of anaphylaxis
|Numero di pagine||2|
|Rivista||International Journal of Prosthodontics|
|Stato di pubblicazione||Published - 2009|
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Oral Surgery
Ventura Spagnolo, E., Spagnolo, E. V., Minciullo, P. L., Cardia, G., & Gangemi, S. (2009). Fatal anaphylactic shock due to a dental impression material. International Journal of Prosthodontics, 22, 33-34.