[automatically translated] The essay illustrates the construction history of a great Palermo convent, that of the Immaculate Conception of the PP. Mercedari barefoot, started in 1634 and, on several occasions, renovated and expanded between 1718 and 1774. The historical-critical analysis is based on meticulous archival research, conducted primarily on the books of the convent, and puts more emphasis on the theme of "historic site" Baroque (materials, construction methods, architects, contractors, accounting, etc.). Of course, do not leave out the references relating to the commission, the urban topography and the social reality and politics of the time. The contribution, completely original, and anticipates in part the content of an extensive monograph to be published, is accompanied by a brief and essential documentary appendix.
|Publication status||Published - 2004|