[automatically translated] The monograph deals with less known work in an interdisciplinary way of Giacomo Serpotta, built between 1695 and 1696, within the Palermo Church of St. Ursula. Despite the apparent consistency as a minor apparatus, study and restoration, intersecting the knowledge gained during the construction site, have highlighted aspects not disclosed is related to the technique, that the iconography (including on some unpublished reference models), that the interpretation of symbolic images. The research, even with the discovery of unpublished archival records, laid down the plastic apparatus chronological coordinates, in relation to the site and Serpotta production, distinguishing precisely the action in two chapels of St. Ursula and the Souls in Purgatory, so far assimilated. The methodological intersection between the documentary news and observations during the restoration site has permitted to confirm certain data relatively to the previous restorations as well as, for the first time in a clear and incontrovertible manner, in relation to a specific aspect of Serpotta technique, the so-called "allustratura", dispelling misunderstandings present so far in the field of artistic literature. Same has been examined, for the first time, the construction activities, which allowed to make a few comments on the procedures for the realization of the works, in the office or in the shop. The identification of some autographs unpublished drawings has enriched the work that was conducted by an original analysis of the iconography of the apparatus and presenting l '
|Name||MUSEO DIOCESANO DI PALERMO. STUDI E RESTAURI|