ADOLESCENTES, REDES SOCIALES Y APRENDIZAJE DIGITAL. UN ESTUDIO DE CASO

Research output: Contribution to conferenceOther

Abstract

[automatically translated] Introduction. The diffusion of ICT has enabled the development and spread of tools with which new generations have become increasingly sophisticated digital skills, allowing them to attend school with a series of previous capabilities. Yet now, this course (Jenkins, 2013) is questioned and, therefore, we have analyzed the possible digital divide between digital natives and those who are not, based on the new reconsideration of Prensky (2012). Method. Taking us back to the theories of Prensky (2001, 2012) wanted to check (with a case study), if the theory of digital‖-wisdom (2012) was based, or conversely, did his ideas about the natives and digital immigrants (ibid, 2001). A questionnaire, previously validated developed, with four sections on: registration area; attitudes towards social networks; self-assessment of skills network; and usage of the network. It distributed through Facebook, it generated a random sample of 307 subjects: 42% young people born at the end of 1991 - the date of dissemination of protocols www- (Prensky, 2001), the remaining 58%, which made up the other bias old. Results and Discussion. Χ2 analysis was highly significant in all questions and allowed to verify existing digital gaps in the approach of ICT, especially in the variable age, being dichotomous responses. Also in terms of the motivation for learning using social networks (63% -fully agree- bias corresponds to "youngest" while motivation was only 14% for the other group). Analysis of the data shows even more differences between the two groups, including both online communication between teachers and students and among students themselves in the field of improving relations study.
Original languageSpanish
Number of pages1
Publication statusPublished - 2015

Cite this